The topic of Emotional Labor has been written about and discussed a lot in recent months. Of course it isn’t anything NEW, we just now have a name for it! Pretty much every female friend I have had as an adult has vented about the frustrations, burnout, even anger of the behind the scenes mental and emotional labor they have within their relationships. It is the constantly rotating list of “to do’s”, the names of the kid’s teachers, knowing which kid will throw up if served peas, the dates of soccer games, the entire backstory of the BFF’s huge fight about who is the cutest band, the name of the co-worker who your husband is convinced is stealing his lunch, when the last teeth cleaning occurred, the reaction to the antibiotic, etc. etc. etc. This is all on top of the normal day to day work of living and frequently a 40-60 hour workweek to somehow fit in.
It. Is. Exhausting.
And it isn’t fair.
So how do we deal and spread the love a bit? Is it even possible? We dive into Emotional Labor on today’s episode and it is very interesting to get Jay’s perspective as a man who has also experienced the world as a woman.
How are you dealing with Emotional Labor? Do you think it is an issue or are women just being overdramatic? Is it nature or nurture? We would love your thoughts in our Facebook group.
Don’t forget to register for Jay’s webinar—How to Trash the Guilt and Shame (and get happy and fulfilled)
Are you ready to be coached? Shoot us a message through our contact page or message us on Facebook. We would love to get your scheduled.
Thank you for listening! We appreciate you!
A few things mentioned in this episode…
- Lean Inside: 7 Steps to Personal Power by Jay
- “Women Aren’t Nags…We are Just Fed Up” a Harper’s Bizarre article on Emotional Labor
- Why Women are Tired: The Price of Unpaid Emotional Labor a HuffPost article on EL
- Women are Just Better at This Stuff-Is Emotional Labor Feminism’s Next Frontier? a Guardian article on EL
- The Invisible Workload that Drags Women Down a Time article on EL
- Jay’s Webinar-How to Trash the Guilt and Shame (and get happy and fulfilled)
- Our Patreon Account! Come support the podcast!
- Our Private Facebook Group
Thank you for listening. We are so honored to have you with us each week.
Please note that some of the links are affiliate links through Amazon. We get a little money if you end up purchasing the item through the link. This money helps to keep our podcast on the air! We do not link to anything that doesn’t naturally come up in our podcast interviews/conversations. We are not asked to link to any specific product or service.